Repairs & Issues


Who is responsible when something needs to be repaired in your apartment? Most apartments have what is known as a super (short for superintendent- which is lucky because we are yet to meet a super who lives up to the name – far from it). Your super is responsible for the minor running repairs. He or she will be the person you call upon when the heatings off, drains are blocked or the oven won’t light. For more serious maintenance you will need to contact your landlord directly.


If you have ongoing issues affecting your apartment’s health, safety and hygiene, you can anonymously call 311 to register a complaint. This can be for reporting when heating is not turned on when it’s freezing, rodent or bug infestations, failure to repair gas or electric outlets and not replacing damaged smoke detectors. For more details check out their website.

Follow & Connect with us